CHOOSE A HOT TUB BASED ON YOUR OWN NEEDS!
There are a large number of hot tubs on the market today. Everything from simple inexpensive wooden hot tubs to luxurious spa baths with massage functions. Therefore, prices can vary from EUR 1 000 to more than EUR 20 000. What to choose is not always easy to know, but there are some circumstances that need to be taken into consideration in order to be able to use the investment to its maximum.
How many will use the hot tub and how often?A common question asked concerns the number of people that can fit into a hot tub. And of course that depends on the size. In most cases, a hot tub that is around 150 cm is large enough for a normal family. With an external heater, the hot tub can easily accommodate 4-6 people at once. If the hot tub is larger and must be heated each time a bath is taken, then it is most probable that it will be used more seldom. The time for heating up the water can be long and arduous. Many times, this means that the hot tub will never actually be used. After all, we are quite lazy. This is perhaps something we don't think about all the time, but it is something that should be considered before making a decision. When considering costs, it is important to realise that buying the wrong item is also expensive.
Get the hot tub based on your real needs.
- Consider how many people are going to use the hot tub and how often.
- A normal family doesn't need a larger hot tub than one for 4-6 people.
- If the hot tub is used more seldom, a maximum 1-2 times per week, a hot tub with a wood burning or gas burning heater is a good and economical alternative.
- And finally, always ask for a guarantee against leakages.
Are you planning to use the hot tub often, but don't want to put time into
heating and other things?
- Then you should consider an insulated hot tub with filtration and automatic heating. Although this is a more expensive option, it is something you won't regret if you appreciate comfort and a hot tub that is always ready for use. For this purpose we have developed our Polar models, which you can read about further ahead.
- In order for the filtration to work, it is required that the parts used are correctly suited for the task and that the construction has both a bottom water and a surface water cleaner. There are solutions on the market that are complete nonsense. The system you use must come with a guarantee that the filtration works under normal circumstances.
- Although the energy needed for maintenance heat and filtration is normally low, be sure to ask the manufacturer if any tests have been made concerning this.
- Also don't forget to ask for a guarantee against frost damage from the manufacturer. A well insulated hot tub should manage at least 24 hours without any risk of frost damage, even in the event of a power cut.